Author Topic: Master Typeface is not honoured in the shape once dropped  (Read 337 times)

lizat

Master Typeface is not honoured in the shape once dropped
« on: July 03, 2020, 09:29:03 AM »
I have a stencil where all the shapes use Comic Sans, however when I drop a shape on the canvas that is changed to Calibri. In fact i don't want Comic Sans so I changed one of the master shapes to use another typeface but it still is not honoured. Do I need to add some sort of 'guard action in the shape sheet?

Thank you.

vojo

Re: Master Typeface is not honoured in the shape once dropped
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 12:20:14 PM »
is comic sans installed on the system (system using the stencil is different from system creating the stencil)?

lizat

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 10:03:02 AM »
yes, and i can change manually. It's just when first dropped it does this.

Surrogate

• ShapeSheet™ Knowledge Base
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 11:05:36 AM »
Yes, you can use one of these font properties.
For example:
Code
Guard(Font("Tahoma"))

Nikolay

• UnmanagedVisio
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 12:53:05 PM »
As far as I know, "GUARD" protects things only from user changes. I.e. it will not allow user to modify the font.
I doubt it can stop Visio from doing whatever it wants to do.

I would try to investigate, why the font is "automatically changed" when you drop a shape. This does not happen normally.
Maybe you have a theme selected that enforces "Calibri" for all shapes that do not support theming?

vojo

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 02:51:05 PM »
guard also seems to make sure visio uses the formula included.

shape.1!pinx = 20mm

shape.2!pinx = shape.1!pinx + 10mm = 1733 mm         // and oh by the way, it seems to trash multiple pages in the file
                                                                                  // took 60 minutes to get it back to operational

shape.2!pinx = guard(shape.1!pinx + 10mm) = 30mm   // all worked as expected...I usually do it this way but forget on
                                                                                  //on one child shape...launch codes issued, planet destroyed ;-)

RE fonts:   Please check the font desired is installed in the system
                before I think 2010, font was time to a relative index number for all fonts in the system
                (my font =12 might be arieal...but your font = 12 might be Calabria)

afet 2010, fonts were some sort of absolute index....so if your font is not in target system, not sure what it does

Surrogate

• ShapeSheet™ Knowledge Base
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 02:09:18 AM »
@Nikolay, do you remember this thread in Russian Visio forum ?
But there user had problem with change font from Arial (default font before Visio 2007) to Calibri (after 2007)