MS Visio drawing not visible

Started by ojohnny65, June 18, 2020, 01:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ojohnny65

I cannot view my drawing no longer.  I see the file size is the same but when I open the file no drawing.  Help please.

Croc

Turn on the Drawing Explorer window and see if there are shapes on the page.

ojohnny65

Not sure where this setting is. Can you point in direction?  Not sure what happened as I was working in drawing yesterday and I know I saved the drawing but when I opened this am no drawing even tho it says in file explorer there is 2MB in file.   Thanks for your support.

vojo

file ==> options ==> advanced ==> bottom of page ==> turn on developer mode

back to the drawing

Developer==>drawing explorer

or

use cursor to make a selection box...if there are shapes, their selection boxes will show
(designers can disable selection boxes but designers only do that for very specific reasons...usually for very complex geometries)

Surrogate

Quote from: ojohnny65 on June 18, 2020, 11:23:03 PM
Not sure where this setting is.
A Short video about what Vojo wrote

Croc

If the file does not contain secret information, you can send it to me by email gcroc@yandex.ru to investigate the causes of this behavior. Perhaps an error occurred that upsets the structure of the document. Sometimes it can be fixed.

ojohnny65

When I turned on developer I get this

Croc

Expand the tree nodes in the Document Explorer and you will get to the shapes. My picture now shows 5 shapes.
See if there are shapes in your document.

ojohnny65

Croc

Explorer shows that there are shapes and that the structure of the document is not broken.
The next step is to check the visibility of the layers.

ojohnny65

Croc

ojohnny65

Croc

So the matter is not in the layers.
You still don't want to send me the file? This could speed up troubleshooting.

ojohnny65