Adjusting master so all variants are resized [SOLVED]

Started by lizat, May 10, 2020, 04:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lizat

I am adapting a shape which is a gateway (BPMN) which i want to be smaller and with height and width equal. I successfully change for the first 'type' - there are several, in the Shape Data - I cannot work out how to make the change stick for the other types. When I click to the anther type in the master the dimensions match what i have defined fro the first type. I have tried re-entering the sizes but cannot make the size stick. The result is taht if i use teh shae it is correct for the first type but if I change to another type the shape reverts to its' original design.

UPDATE: I have discovered that Changing the size of the Process Shape does 'stick' for all variants. The problem seems to be with the Gateway

How do i make it stick for all types?

Thank you.

lizat

Solved it. Odd but I had to do this:

For each variant:
1. edit master
2. select variant (type)
3. shape was correct visually but for good measure I touched each of the dimension fields
4. exit and save

When all done then tested by creating new instance on a drawing and then cycling through the variants. Success!

It didn't happen with any other shape with variants which is odd, but at least it's done now

vojo

is this about size/format or shape data?

For size/format, changing a shape in a stencil does NOT affect all previous drops of the shape in any document.
In essence, when you drop a shape on a drawing, visio makes a copy and places it in the doc stencil.  Linkage to master is broken

for shape data, not 100% sure, but I believe shape data link to master is broken as well.