Remove Dimensions on Selected Shapes in Plan Views/Office Plans

Started by crowy6759, April 21, 2020, 03:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowy6759

Does anyone know how i can take the dimensions off shapes such as walls and doors? They show up when i highlight these shapes and print with them on. I took them off in my old 2007 version but i cannot see how to do it on this version.

Ive attached a screenshot to show you what dimensions i want to stop showing.

Thank you

Surrogate

I meet with this issue in Visio 2010, dont meet it in Visio 4, 2000 or 2003.
I know only one way via shapesheet
In that russian thread you can find my previous answer for same question. Read via Bing Translate Service.

crowy6759

yeah i cannot read the from the photo as its all in russian

Surrogate

Really these pictures have not great sense !
Did you have activated Developer ribbon ? If no do it please (just read before Visio Guy article)
1. select all shapes with triangles
2. Open the VBA editor window with Alt + F11
3. There press keys Ctrl + G

4. In the Immediate window, see the picture above in right bottom part, insert such a formula
For i = 1 To ActiveWindow.Selection.Count: Set shp = ActiveWindow.Selection (i): shp.Cells ("user.visBESelected"). FormulaForceU = "GUARD (0)": Next i
5. Press the Enter key.

Visio Guy

Well the easiest way to get rid of the dimensions is to simply not have any shapes selected.

But there is another quirky work-around:

• Select your shapes (and see those dimensions!)
  • Create a new window for the page (View > Window > New Window). You can quickly tile the windows via Alt + F7 and Shift + F7 so you can see both windows at once.
  • In the new window, select the same set of shapes, then deselect them.
  • In the second window, deselect the shapes (click a blank area)

The shapes will remain selected in the first window, but the dimensions will be gone. This is basically a loophole in how the dimensioning functionality works.

When you switch back to the first window, don't click the page, or you'll deselect all of the shapes and have to start over. Be sure to click on the window caption bar.

For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010