Help regarding SVG export n Visio

Started by Junayd, April 16, 2020, 01:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junayd

I am new to visio and don't have any experience using it before. I just have a simple requirement in which I wanted to represent some equipment in my warehouse using shapes in visio and when mouse hovers upon that shape it should show a popover text box containing information exclusive only to that particular equipment. moreover, a circle can be further added or deleted or has text replaced on any of the circle depending on the availability of the equipment.
I used an extension from the unmanagedvisio "svg export" and it publishes the page as a webpage and has the ability to add mouse hover tooltip and popover. (If anyone has used it, knows it is better in mouse hover tooltip or popup, webpage look then builtin feature)
When I add custom text in the template browser to be displayed when mouse is hovered upon the circles, It showed same text on all the circles, why is that can anyone please guide me.
Also is there any way to lock the webpage so that a viewer cannot drag the shapes across the page and change their positions?
OR if there is another way or another software to achieve the requirement, suggestion is also welcome, please.
Thanks a lot!!

Surrogate

Did you try svg publish extension by Nikolay?

Nikolay

Quote from: Junayd on April 16, 2020, 01:02:52 PM
When I add custom text in the template browser to be displayed when mouse is hovered upon the circles, It showed same text on all the circles, why is that can anyone please guide me.

If you want a per-shape tooltip, you don't need to edit "template text", it applies to all shapes actually (to be used as a template with fields from shape data)

The direct way to achieve this "per-shape text" is just to use Visio's "Screen Tip". You can just put text there. Please remember to disable "custom template" in this case as it will overwrite the default "Screen Tip"

I hope I will make this cleaner in the next release, there will be an explicit choice between "template" and "shape" text, plus (hopefully) normal rich-text editor.
Also sitting at home now, so hope to improve the part about templates in the documentation soon :D

Please feel free to contact me directly at:
support@unmanagedvisio.com

Junayd

@nikolay
I saw your video on the youtube that was a lot related to my requirement tan any other. good work there and very nice extension its webpage look is cleaner and attractive than built in save as web page option.
I tried emailing you about this on your email address "support@unmanagedvisio.com" but gmail was not letting me send email showing it as incorrect or available kind of address, dont know what was the problem. Thats why I came here, didn't expect to find answer directly from you.
Ok I didnt knew about difference between a template and screentip also thanks for clarifying that as well. so it solves 1 of my issue of showing text on shape but as its not a rich text field so i guess cannot adjust the font size.?
and what about restricting dragging of shapes across web page. Actually, one person will be responsible for adding text data and saving it as web address while other can only access it as view only and not change the position of the shapes. Is there a solution to that?
I did add screentip but was not disabling custom template earlier thats why it was not showing screentip while in chrome. Moreover, if you have time in coming days can you please guide me how you used external data in your video because what I was doing wrong after I added external data as excel file and added the same commands "props. colums name" and so on which you have shown in the video. As for me it was showing the commands as it was as a text. I am new to it so I dont know the proper commands I just followed your steps with the exception of calling the columns heading of my sheet. Its just an extra skill for my project but still would like to know if you find some spare time of course. Thanks for the reply as well.