C# Project: how to rotate shapes and get data from them

Started by richardmaysundo, April 24, 2009, 08:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardmaysundo

Hello everyone, my names is Richard and i thank god i found visioguys's web page  ;D

Currently i'm working on a project in which i need to integrate Visio with a winform application, written in C# with VS .NET 2003.

I somehow managed to do the basics (adding axdrawingcontrol, show stencil, identify clicked shapes and shapes drawn on the visio design page, etc), but i am having a REALLY hard time when trying to rotate the shapes, and also access some information from them (such angle, x, y, etc).

I would eternally appreciate all your suggestions/tips/help  :'(

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

VisioBut

Hi there,

have you found out how to rotate shapes? Especially by dropping and connecting them after it would be interesting to know.

I need some reference as well, and couldnt find anything except for some similar but for me not so helpful post.

Nikolay

It seems that the (referenced) post about groups discusses something tricky; probably you need just a basic idea of "how do I rotate a shape"?

"Rotate" a shape 45 degrees:

shape.Cells("Angle").Formula = "45 deg";

Probably that's it?
Actually this code not exactly "rotates" a shape but sets it's angle to 45 degrees.
But it illustrates the basic idea that shape rotation can be done by setting the shape's angle.

Unfortunately I didn't quite get what did you mean by "rotating shapes by dropping them"...  ???

Cheers, Nikolay.