3-D Box Fill

Started by jcorbat, April 29, 2009, 09:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcorbat

I am working with several 3-D box shapes from the Basic Shapes group.  When I drag the 3-D box to the drawing page, it comes standard with a light blue front face and a medium blue 3-D extension.  I would like to change the fill of the front face and extension to other colors.  However, when I use the Format>Fill function, both the front face and 3-D extension change to the new fill color.  This dramatically reduces the 3-D effect.

Could anyone comment on a way to change the fill colors independently?  I imagine if they are two colors to start with (light blue & medium blue) that they can in fact be changed to two unique colors.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Regards,
Jeff

jcorbat

Well it took a little research but my first stroll through the ShapeSheet was successful.  Pretty crazy that I've been using Visio since late '95 and never needed to open the ShapeSheet module.

Anyway here's the simple solution...by changing LockGroup to 0 and SelectMode to 1, I was able to select each face of the 3-D Box individually and change the fill color.

Many thanks to Lars-Erik's recent reply on "Making blocks with perspective transparent" to get me started.

Regards,
Jeff