disable connections for a shape

Started by Nikolay, February 26, 2020, 03:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolay

Looks like a very simple question but don't know the answer  :(

How do I disable connections for a specific shape?

So that user can't connect dynamic connector to it (so that the shape does not show any "hover" when he tries to)
For example, if I convert a 2D shape into 1D, then the dynamic connector does not try to "glue" to it. Is it possible to have the same behavior while keeping the shape 2D?
So that the shape is completely ignored by all dynamic connectors, like it does not exist.

I thought about putting the shape on a separate later... or maybe there is an easy solution, like setting some cell in the ShapeSheet?

Yacine

I would only know of the layer solution. Sorry.
Yacine

wapperdude

In shapesheet, Misc Section, try setting Object Type = 4.
Visio 2019 Pro

Paul Herber

You could put the shape on a background page.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Nikolay

Quote from: wapperdude on February 26, 2020, 04:28:30 PM
In shapesheet, Misc Section, try setting Object Type = 4.

I have tried that, does not seem to work? Maybe the drawing is somewhat special (attached)?  ???
Setting "Do not lay out and route around" is exactly setting ObjectType = 4, as far as I understand?

(click the picture to view the animation)

Nikolay

Quote from: Paul Herber on February 26, 2020, 05:35:59 PM
You could put the shape on a background page.

Dear Paul, thank you for the advice, unfortunately not an option (all shapes are supposed to be on the same page in my case)

wapperdude

Really weird.  Your XXX shape has this special affinity for your rectangle. 

Tried a normal connector from GUI, and it does not glue.  Drew a rectangle, set to the "4" option, and neither the connector nor the XXX shape would glue. 
Visio 2019 Pro

Nikolay

Yea. I've tried ObjType=4 with standard dynamic connector. Seems to work properly for dynamic connect actually, you are right!
I thought the behavior should be the same for all connections. Looks like this one is indeed somehow special.. :o

bmwk100dk

Nikolay

Oh. Thank you! Sounds just like what I was after. I'll give it a try today!

UPD: checked. It worked! Thank you all.