Is it possible to create a HTML link to a visio file, a specific page?

Started by PF4VisioGuy, February 11, 2020, 04:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PF4VisioGuy

Hi

I have large visio files that have diagrams and text and I need a way to create content files (external if possible)
The idea is to go to that page, click on the link and have the doc opened at the page and the groups of shapes -text in my case- that I am referring to

thanks
PF

wapperdude

Hyperlinks from within, e.g., Word, PowerPoint will open a specified Visio doc at the active page when the Visio file was saved.  You then can navigate within the Visio file per usual.

If your requesting file is a Visio file rather than Word or PowerPoint, then the hyperlink has ability open a specific page in the linked file.
Visio 2019 Pro

PF4VisioGuy

Quote from: wapperdude on February 11, 2020, 06:15:00 PM
Hyperlinks from within, e.g., Word, PowerPoint will open a specified Visio doc at the active page when the Visio file was saved.  You then can navigate within the Visio file per usual.

If your requesting file is a Visio file rather than Word or PowerPoint, then the hyperlink has ability open a specific page in the linked file.

Related to that ..is there a specific or recommended way to create content pages for large Visio files?
Even naming the shapes with names that I can refer to in a content page would work for me.
I think I created something like this but I can't remember if I was able to go down to a shape or group of shapes

edit:googling more about it, I am reading that you could use a Find method which in this case will probably get me what I want

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

PF4VisioGuy

done but that is just the pages of the doc
What I want is to be able to click on a link and to jump to the text box that explains the term (just an example)
Ideally I would like to jump to a group of shapes (diagram and text grouped) that are listed as one item in the content
So it is a more detailed page of content and for that I guess I will have to figure out how to use the find and select methods...(these are just things I briefly read on Internet about, not sure if this is the right way to do it)