Images/Shapes Disappearing?

Started by miles2t17, May 28, 2008, 06:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miles2t17

I've got an interesting issue going on and Google doesn't seem to be turning up much for me. I'm running Visio 2007 SP1 on Win Vista Ultimate SP1. I downloaded HP's shapes for their servers so I can diagram my server racks. I also made a couple of my own images (just some jpgs) for devices I couldn't find shapes for. For some reason several, but not all, of the shapes keep "disappearing" even though the shape is actually still there. If I mouse over the empty space, the cursor changes and I can click and the shape reappears, but as soon as I scroll, zoom, or save, they disappear again. This is quite aggravating. I've tried opening the document on an XP machine and got the same symptoms.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Visio Guy

Hi Miles,

Just a quick shot from the hip - are you working in a scaled drawing? I can imagine some weirdness if you use scaled rack shapes in a non-scaled drawing.

If you make a very simple case - maybe a Visio drawing with one problematic shape, you can post it here and the readers can have a look to see if it is a system problem or a consistent problem with Visio.
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

miles2t17

I figured it out. In trying to create a small drawing to post here and trying to duplicate the problem I found that one of the HP shapes seemed to be interfering with the display of all the others. Once I removed it from the example and my main drawing, everything seems to work fine.

Thanks for suggesting the sample file...probably wouldn't have found this out if I hadn't tried to create it.

Visio Guy

I used to go to my older brother to ask for help and never made it through a whole sentence without realizing the answer! :)
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010