Table Manipulation "Set Chart Layout"

Started by Gregory Jackson, November 20, 2019, 01:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Jackson

I have a table I'm trying to modify it's column and rows through the "Set Chart Layout" But it's not working. Can someone assist?

Thanks,

~r

wapperdude

The resizing works.  The table as provided is already at it's max size.  Where and how did you get the table?
Visio 2019 Pro

Gregory Jackson

Not sure where I got it Maybe I created using the chart stencil provided with visio but those charts are 10x10. I tried altering the object through shape sheet but that's only encreased the box it did not do more than that.

wapperdude

Found  it.  It's on the Chart_U (or_M) vstx template.  It is the Deployment Chart.  By design, what you have is it's max size.  This is a grouped shape.  You can make it bigger, but takes a little work.  You need to either duplicate a row or a column, then add it to the group.  Do this for however many new rows / columns you wish.  Then, you need to edit the shape data to increase the max number of rows and/or columns.

Personally, I'd rather do all of that in Excel, format the cells as desired, then copy and paste as an excel worksheet. 
Visio 2019 Pro