shape tags will not show / process engineering

Started by i-Zapp, November 08, 2019, 03:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i-Zapp

If i create a fresh "process engineering" drawing and begin adding instruments and valves, Visio acts like expected and displays the process "Tags" next to the shapes. However, if I open an old drawing and attempt to copy/paste some of those items in the new drawing, those tags do not show, and I cannot toggle them by right-clicking.

Interestingly, Visio then stops displaying the tags on any new items i add to the drawing. I can still toggle show/hide on the earlier shapes, but anything copied or anything added afterwards is "broken". also, i cannot show the tags in the old drawing no matter what i do.

I seem to remember a page-level or document-level setting to turn off/on Tag display, but the life of me i can't find it. How do i fix this???

Help please! (virgin post!)

i-Zapp

i did figure out that by setting the User.PEPageHideTags value to "0" does seem to fix the problem of being able to toggle the Show/Hide off and on. But it does require that any new shapes have this property edited. Not sure how to change the "global" version of that value so new additions to the drawing will automatically have it set that way...