Interactive DIP Switch Shape

Started by YossiD, February 08, 2009, 10:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zhuravsky

dkcorreia

This is so very helpful!  I cannot wait to impress my team with this.  I am having one more issue.  When I slide it down to 4 switches and save it as SVG (which is our standard format for graphics in imported into FrameMaker) it saves the extra white space on the right.  Do you know of a fix for this?  I so appreciate your time.

zhuravsky

Hm..
I'm sorry, I've created this DIP-switch so long ago that I already do not remeber its internal structure. If I did that white rectangle then it was necessary. I will check if it is possible remove it or not (sure that possible). Wait please.

zhuravsky

Modified DIP-switch without white area

dkcorreia

That is sooo close.  When I save it it still saves that extra unused space on the right side.  I appreciate your help so very much.  I need to learn how to do this fancy stuff.  I don't want to take up any more of your time.  THanks SO MUCH zhuravsky!! 

zhuravsky

Actually that space is not "unused". In this area shape keeps unvisible switches. Idea is following: when you move "Size" control shape checks if X-coordinate of "Size" control > then X-coordinate of "
Switch-nn" control and if not then corresponding switch changes to invisible state. This means that switch still occupies some extra space, but it is not visible.

phil2

I can see by the dates that I'm late to the game again, but hey nice work!  It may seem simple, but this impressed my little group of users.

hidden layer

Hi there,
just stumbled across this older thread...

I had the same question and I solved it in Excel the other way round. just type in a number and the Position of the Switches will be shown. then you can copy it to somewhere else as a pic.

have fun
hl