Gladiator Tanks game (Visio+VBA) [rus]

Started by Obsidian, October 04, 2019, 10:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obsidian

Hello! I want to introduce you my video project for beginners in VBA development for Visio (in Russian language).
It is set of video in which I step-by-step showing trivial game Gladiators tanks development process. Gameplay is simple – user places some set of tanks (Visio shapes) in any points on page and then starts game process by pressing Start button on toolbar. Tanks randomly select target and start move toward it, sometime firing shells. Accuracy of shots can be different. If any shell hits any tank it is will be destroyed and tank which fire shell selects next target. And so on until the moment when left only one of them. All tanks have same properties set but user can change values of these properties.
This video written for Russian audience in the Russian language. But if look VBA code it will be more understandable.
Here links:
YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKmXNes9zro&list=PLt0Sv3_p1fPSM_iYzW8JM-MfzwYEGqifT
GitHub repository (by lessons): https://github.com/Obsidian-pb/Visio-VBA-GladiatorsTanks

Best regards
And may be from the darkness something beautiful will rize

Yacine

Yacine

cliff50

:D I must say, I really like the ingenuity and coding skill in this demonstration of visio+vba.

alternate title perhaps > Visio-Kursk

many more possibilities spring to mind of similar games. Gladiator Battleships game ... Gladiator Paintball game.  etc.

I wonder if all the movements are clocked from a solitary page attribute.

Kudos to the designer

cheerio
Cliff

Obsidian

I started learning ways to create animations in MS Visio last year. My first experience in this regard - Arkanoid. It turned out great and I continued. The next time I wrote the game Gladiators tanks. And since, among other things, I am engaged in teaching people office programming and especially Visio, I decided that it would be nice to show the most interesting nuances of VBA programming in the Visio environment by the example of creating this game.

Obsidian

Here you are - Arkanoid game)

Run "RunGame" for start and "StopGame" for stop. Move platform by mouse.

cliff50

;D

My feedback.

Brilliant !!!

Who would have thought this possible in a data visualization tool. :o

Your solutions have >>> movement, user interaction, and strategy dependent outcomes.

The output on the surface appears simple, however, it's the range of skills on display, >>> from the conception of an idea, to its manifestation is what impresses me most.

Microsoft Visio should showcase your work.

cheerio
Cliff

Nikolay

I have been always admiring the Obsidian's work! ;)

Obsidian

Quote from: Nikolay on October 07, 2019, 07:23:58 PM
I have been always admiring the Obsidian's work! ;)
Thanks) But this is not top of my accomplishments. I'm currently working on a really cool thing. And hopefully in the next couple of months I will demonstrate it.