recommendations for a grid type control

Started by perry59, September 07, 2019, 11:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry59

Hi all.
I have been away from visio, and any kind of coding for awhile. Kinda rusty (and old).
Now though I am back at it and working on a program for global layer management, aka autocad. I already have some of the code prototyped in vba and may well transition it to a vsto addin.
I am seeking recommendations or advice on a control to mimic the standard visio layers dialog (attached) as closely as I can. It needs to work in vba and dotnet. I don't want to purchase a custom control, or attempt to make one. If that's not possible I'll just have to do something funky.
I believe the standard listview and treeview can be divided into columns and even have a checkbox column, but I don't think they can have multiple (editable) checkbox columns. The old MS flexgrid control probably would have done the trick but apparently it's kaput.
Any suggestions would be warmly welcomed!
what, me worry?

Nikolay

The control you see in Visio is a standard ListVew (Win32 API) control, with custom-drawn checkboxes.
The standard .NET GridVew control does allow checkboxes in every column. Or the mentioned MSFlexGrid, in case of VBA
There are a lot of pre-built controls for .NET with checkboxes. Maybe one of the recommendations here will fit your needs:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60683/checkbox-in-listview-control

Just wondering, what could be the use of yet another Visio layer manager?  ???

perry59

Hey Nikolay your still here!
Yet another layer manager? I am only aware of one http://bvisual.net/products/layermanager.aspx
and that needs to be paid for and registered. I want something I can give to my coworkers for free.
The link you provided does discuss a couple of free controls I'll take a look at, Thanks!
It also mentions the standard listview control, but that can only have one column of check boxes.
As mentioned, I am prototyping in vba so I'm looking for a vba control that I could transition to a net addin later (maybe)
Thanks for the input!

edit:
just tried the xptable control discussed above and the dll won't register on my computer.
same thing with glacialList :(
what, me worry?

perry59

so are there other "layer managers" that I am not aware of?
what, me worry?

Nikolay

Maybe I just encounterd opics of adding a button to show a layer too many times. But I believe I have seen a couple more at least, in a form of stencil or document with macros at least. I remember building one or two in the past myself. not public though. So maybe here my memory got dizzy  :)