green box only when connector tool selected

Started by vernonls, August 12, 2019, 09:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vernonls

I cannot figure out how to get rid of the green box that appears when I select the connector tool and move the mouse pointer near the outlined area.  It must be something I have done, but darned if I can figure out what I did, but most importantly I cannot figure out how to get rid of it. It may be associated with some shape on the drawing but I cannot see what shape that might be.  Can anyone help? See the attached pdf .

Nikolay

This looks like auto-connect. Visio suggests you to glue the connector to that thing, whatever it is. You can:
- Disable auto-connect globally (google "how do I disable auto-connect in Visio")
- Figure out, what that thing is (it must be some shape anyways? - you could try drawing explorer) and either delete it or disable auto-connect for it.
- Stop misusing Visio for drawing schematics :D

Also, attaching the broken Visio source file could help - people probably will be able to figure out the cause more precisely.

vernonls

I do have autoconnect turned off globally.  I don't know what "drawing explorer" is.  And visio is the only tool I have for drawing schematics.  I have attached the visio drawing if you wish to examine it. 

Thanks for replying.

vern

Surrogate

I can't find there green box.
PS You can activate Drawing Explorer window, at Developer tab, in Show/Hide group, select checkbox Drawing Explorer

bmwk100dk

Hi
I just had a look at your file, and it looks to me as if you have (accidentally) grouped 3 connectors together. This new shape is why you get the green outline, and you get this because that is Visio's way of showing you, that you can connect to this shape. So my suggestion is, that you can either just un-group the shape and leave the connectors as they are, or delete the group and make a new connector in it's place.
If you want to know more about glueing and the green boxes, this could be a good place to start. http://www.visguy.com/2016/07/12/no-glue-to/.
Hope this can help.

Best regards bmwk100dk.

vojo

BTW, you can make connector shapes yourself.
Curtesy of June's work

Move the ends and watch it self adjust / use shape properties to affect the segments

vernonls

Aha!! I finally found it.  I don't know why or when but I had somehow "grouped" R03 and a nearby connector.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  Also, I finally found Developer-Explorer, but I don't know what to do with that menu. 

Thanks again for your time.

vern

Surrogate

Hope this video can help