Master's Guard function being overwritten by style

Started by PiP, May 19, 2019, 08:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiP

Hello,

I have created a number of basic shapes which involve a minimal amount of smarts, and a few guard functions notionally around the line type and weight.  As those basic shapes go, they behave as I expect when I apply a style to the shape, being that the unguarded parts pick up the style attributes and the guarded parts do not.

But, if I make a master out of the shape, and then make a shape from that master, the guard function (in particular LinePattern) is overwritten when a style is applied such that previously (and necessarily) hidden lines become visible.  Before applying the style the guard function exists (in black font), but after apply the style the LinePattern is set to 1 (also in black font) consistent with the style.

Any ideas on how to force the guard function to persist from a master?

Regards,

PiP

PiP

Hello

Have included a file if above description vague.

The page shape has been created from the stencil master.  It has a guard function on linePattern inherited from the master.

When I apply one of my custom styles, the guard is ignored and the line pattern changes according to the style.

If I manually change the page shape to have a guard function on the linePattern (i.e. 'locally' guarded), the style does not overwrite the linePattern.

How do I make a master who's linepattern is guarded against style changes?

Regards,

PiP

Yacine

Hello Pip,
I could indeed replicate your problem.
I don't know how to avoid it, but I could propose a workaround: instead of relying on the line style to hide the border of the main shape, you can work with the "NoShow" property in the geometry section. Setting it to true will hide the border, regardless of the line style.
Option2 would be to delete the geometry section, but I suspect you need it for the smartness of the shape.

Regards,
Y.
Yacine

Paul Herber

This was a problem with many shapes when Themes were introduced. Shapes with a text box would suddenly sprout a border on the text area where one had not been visible previously. Setting the NoShow on the text area was the fix to that problem
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

PiP

Thanks both, know at least its not doing something dumb.

I'll have a play around with the NoShow and see if that works.

PiP

Hello Paul,

Have done some initial mucking around and I think your suggestion works for what I'm trying to achieve.

Much thanks,

PiP