How do you change the Excel template on a report?

Started by maclarkson, May 15, 2019, 08:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maclarkson

does anyone know how to change the excel template that is used when you generate a report?

The blue yellow and fonts are bland and id like to include a logo?

Surrogate

Yacine

To my knowledge the template is buried deep inside Visio.

Best is to reformat the excel object by means of VBA.
Yacine

Croc

You can also use Power Query to build a secondary report that will use a regular Visio report as a data source. The secondary report is saved as a template.

Yacine

Quote from: Croc on May 15, 2019, 02:57:18 PM
You can also use Power Query to build a secondary report that will use a regular Visio report as a data source. The secondary report is saved as a template.
Can you explain your post? I do only know Power Query in Excel. Its templates are Excel queries and wont be automatically generated/inserted in the drawing. I think the orginal question is more about format and layout, than augmented functionality. If one were to use additional Excel tools to format the OLE object, he could all the same format it manually and directly.... just wondering.
Cheers, Y.
Yacine

Croc

In the question were the words EXCEL TEMPLATE, so I decided that the report should be displayed in the Excel file.
The report can in fact be displayed not only in the Visio shape, but also in a file. My answer is designed for this situation.
Visio report template cannot be changed. The resulting Excel document can be formatted, but this requires additional steps. But if the primary report is used as an intermediate report, then additional actions can be excluded.

Croc

I now read the post on the link that Surrogate brought. It really is about an embedded object.
I agree that in this case my advice is completely useless.