Appearance of for lines/connectors

Started by Dusty_Rhodes, March 30, 2019, 05:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty_Rhodes

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a possibility to change the appearance of connectors so they could look like the #3 line in the image (the #3 line is made from a regular line and hen the offset function is used on it). This does not work for my diagrams since i want to be able to only user connectors not lines so the diagrams i will be easy to change in the future. #2 is a connector with only the compound shape changed but the problem is i would want the middle line to be much smaller is this possible ?

vojo

Create a line pattern...then use it
Complicated but numerous links to guide you along (its important to do the sequence of instructions exactly in sequence)

Dusty_Rhodes

Hello, Vojo

Thx for the response i did not know this was possible, seems a little tricky with the editing/creation of new lines cant get it to work 100% correctly but after a few more hours i might get it to work

Dusty_Rhodes

I have now tried the line pattern to get the shape i wanted but the problem is it does not act exactly as i want it too see the image i dont wat any open ends to the connectore when i drag it between shapes. Is there an easy solution ?

Yacine

Yacine

Croc

Such a method is also possible. (Animated gif)

Yacine

VERY interesting! Can you explain what you did?
Yacine

Croc

I noticed that if the line is cranked, then the internal lines (inside line pattern) are connected correctly.
Therefore, to obtain a T-shaped connection, you can use not a straight line, but a bent line.
You can also make 2D fragments and add connection points to them.

Dusty_Rhodes

Croc that looked great i still dont understand how u maged that. how does it look when u have drawn the pattern in the pattern editor ?

Croc

I can not say that I painted it very correctly :) This is a quick example to demonstrate the effect. I have attached the source file.

Dusty_Rhodes

Thx croc it works better than my lines but i still kind of get the same problem when line jumps or more complex routing is used. Is there a way to edit the different compund types that come with Visio ?  the one marked in the image works great the only problem is that i would like the middle line to be smaller( the same size as the 2 outer lines.