How to use Portrait and Landscape page orientations on different tabs in 2019?

Started by woodcycl, March 25, 2019, 04:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodcycl

Seems like I am unable to utilize portrait page/print orientations on one tab and landscape on another in Visio 2019.  I've googled and read several items and unable to find a solution.  Is this something that isn't possible in 2019?  I don't see a way to create sections or page breaks, etc. so this is possible.  No way to uniquely select specific tabs to then apply orientations and settings only to those tabs/pages.

Thanks for any help.
Thanks,
Brian

wapperdude

This is still standard feature in 2019.  Right click a page tab, select Page Setup, then select Print Setup tab.  Choose your desired page orientation.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

woodcycl

Thanks Wapperdude.  However, I have tried that on multiple occasions and just tried again to ensure my results.  When I do this on one tab, it will update all other tabs accordingly.
Thanks,
Brian

woodcycl

Wapperdude ... I created a new test file with multiple blank pages.  I am able to successfully change page orientation for each unique page in this file.  So, I wonder what broke or is keeping me from doing so in my original file??  I'll try copying/pasting my pages out into a new file, saving, and trying again.  I'll update with my results.
Thanks,
Brian

Visio Guy

First thing: turn off Auto Size: Design > Page Setup > Auto Size

Now, also on the Design tab, there are two dropdown controls under Page Setup: Orientation and Size.

These should allow you to quickly set a page to what you want. The settings under right-click-tab/Page Setup should also work, although in 2019 I have been having weird behavior. I had thought that it was due to one of the add-ins I have been developing, but maybe there is more to the story.
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010