Stop new instance online plan 2 (Sorted now)

Started by Tonino, March 18, 2019, 05:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonino

Good day everyone,
i have searched and searched but cannot find an option in this new online plan 2 visio version to stop visio from opening a new instance everytime i click on a file. of course i could make sure the visio window is open and drag the file to it every time but for me this is a pain as i open/close lots of drawings. would love to hear how to stop this if anyone knows :)
Cheers
Tonino

Hi again, a coworker found the solution which is:

1)   Open Visio, go to Options > Advanced  and scroll down and make sure the check box for "Put all settings in Windows Registry" is ticked.
2)   Click OK and close Visio
3)   Open Windows Registry (type "registry editor" in search and hit enter) and go to the following Key: "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Visio\Application"
4)   Scroll down to stringtype "SingleInstanceFileOpen and change value from 0 to 1. Close the registry editor.

Cheers all for looking, hope someone else is helped :)

Paul Herber

This works with other Visio versions as well (including Visio 2016). This had been annoying me for a hwile. You'd be opening various files from Explorer and suddenly you'd find you have a dozen Visio instances open!
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/