Visio giving error when editing excel object datasheet

Started by HVACQuestionz, March 13, 2019, 03:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVACQuestionz

When I try to edit a worksheet that I had previously inserted from Insert>Object>Microsoft Excel Worksheet, I would receive (after a bit of time, say 5 minutes), and exit the worksheet, I would receive an error:

" cannot be accessed. The file may be corrupted, located on a server that is not responding, or read-only

Due to this, I would not be able to save. However I discovered that when I go to Task Manager and close the Excel application, I am able to save when a minute ago I wasn't able to.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know a solution to this?

wapperdude

Works fine for me:
1) Open Excel, copy range of cells
2) Open Visio (happens to be new Doc)
3) Insert worksheet object
4) Paste copied cells, close worksheet object
5) SaveAs Visio doc
6) Open worksheet object (note, tried this while Excel still opened and with it closed...made no difference)
7) Edit worksheet (deleted a row)
8) Close worksheet object  (LOL, "8 )" without the space, gives the shady smiley face!)
9) Save Visio

No errors.  Running Visio 2019 Pro on Windows 10 Home machine.  Using Office 10.
Visio 2019 Pro

HVACQuestionz

Not sure if this makes a difference but when I open the worksheet (within visio) for editing i notice the window "flashes" like it's loading a lot of things before it fully opens.

I seem to notice (might be mistaken) that when I have excel worksheet in edit mode (in visio) for somewhere around 5 minutes and then click anywhere on the visio sheet, i get the error. during all this my MS Excel program is not open.