Link shape data to foreground and background page

Started by htvrene, February 28, 2019, 07:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

htvrene

Hello,

I am building a standard file where i can draw electrical connections.
In this file i am using a background page which contains borders and general information about my project.
Now i would like to combine shapedata from my first page to the border in background page.
I've tried to do this with a field and custom formula. This did not work...

Does anyone know a way to fix this problem?

Thanks!
-René

Surrogate

Hi, René !

Please read article about cell references.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/client-developer/visio/about-cell-references
Also you must know about local an universal names (especially if you use non-English language pack)
Quote from: Visio Team 27 Jul 2006 в Name and NameUThe local name is a friendly name that is displayed in the Visio user interface. For Visio's own content, this is a string translated for the product sku of Visio (i.e. German strings in German Visio).  Users have the ability to rename Page and Master and Cell objects, and that changes the local name.  Local names allow users to see things in a language that makes sense to them.

The universal name is hidden from the user interface and can only be updated through automation.  This keeps a universal name consistent across product versions and user edits.  A constant name allows solution developers to refer to objects by an identifier that makes sense to them.  This identifier works no matter what is displayed for the local name.

Read more...
I think there is problem with local and universal names
Quote from: Surrogate on May 28, 2015, 11:20:15 AM
visio have two different types of shape/page names. Local and Universal
Quote from: Surrogate on May 05, 2015, 02:03:50 PM
Quote from: sindemic on May 05, 2015, 01:08:44 PMi didn't still know what is the english universal Name of the Background page, but at least the german local one.
Not at all...
Local and universal pagenames after second renaming are different!
better way use syntax sheet.<ShapeID> instead MyShapeName !
Quote from: JohnGoldsmith on May 21, 2015, 09:24:34 AMuse Sheet.ID syntax as per Surrogate's suggestion
Russian interface

htvrene

Thanks for the help Surrogate.

The problem was whith the universal page name being different from my local name.

I got it to work with the following formula:=Pages[UniversalPageName]!Sheet.177!Prop.data