Restore Down button missing (SORTED NOW)

Started by Tonino, February 25, 2019, 01:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonino

Hi everyone,
I just had to update to the latest version of visio under our 365 account and have a very annoying issue. hopefully it is just something i am not understanding. Anyway... for the past 10 odd years i work on multiple visio drawings in one instance of visio and use the "restore down" button to sort drawings on screen as i am working on them. With the new version there does not seem to be a restore down button for the drawings once maximized or a minimize for that matter. i can only see options for "Arrange All" and "Cascade" under the view menu which completely destroys the order i am trying to achieve. hopefully i am just missing something :)
Thanks all
Tonino

Paul Herber

Is this Visio 2016 or 2019 or one of the Online Plan versions?

Maybe Chris could be persuaded to create a forum area for the Online Plan 1 and Online Plan 2 options.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Surrogate

Hi, Tonino !
which button you mean ?
Visio 2003

Visio 2010

Visio Online Plan 2

Tonino

Hi both, thanks for replying :)
I am using Visio Online Plan 2. And the button i am referring to is the two squares button, one in front of the other. In Surrogate's post the snapshot shows these, one for the main software instance and another for the visio drawing to the top right hand side. In the version i use the main instance of visio has the same window control buttons as yours but the drawing only has the X (close) button.
Cheers
Tonino

Surrogate

Torino, can you share your screenshot?
I also use Visio online plan 2.

Tonino

Hi all, OK, I have it sorted out now... I was able add a the "restore" button to the Quick Access Toolbar so while it is in a different place now it has the same functionality. A co-worker had the same thing and figured it out by adding a button to the view toolbar menu, i just wanted to always have it right there so put it in quick access. Cheers guys, Tonino

Tonino

Quote from: Tonino on February 26, 2019, 12:25:31 PM
Hi all, OK, I have it sorted out now... I was able add a the "restore" button to the Quick Access Toolbar so while it is in a different place now it has the same functionality. A co-worker had the same thing and figured it out by adding a button to the view toolbar menu, i just wanted to always have it right there so put it in quick access. Cheers guys, Tonino

Hi, I would add a picture but have not figured out how to lol have not really looked but it was not immediately apparent so gave up quite quickly :)

Surrogate

you can export/import customization of quick access panel !

Hey Ken

Surrogate:

Huh!  All these years that import/export button has been staring me in the eye and I never noticed it!  Surely it'll make my life easier the next time I find myself in a new Visio environment (not to mention Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).  It's the unexpected jewels like this (and this recent gem) which convinced me long ago to visit this forum every day as part of my morning routine.  Thanks!

But this tosses down the gauntlet for the next level of challenge – incorporating initialization of the quick access bar into a stencil (or normal.dot or personal.xlsb or VbaProject.otm, etc.) so that I don't have to carry around an extra file.  Someday – in my copious free time!

- Ken

Ken V. Krawchuk
Author
No Dogs on Mars - A Starship Story
http://astarshipstory.com