Portrait and Landscape Pages

Started by techdogg, February 08, 2019, 11:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techdogg

Greetings,

I have been using Visio 2007 for many years to create patent drawings.  I just upgraded to 2019 and am encountering a problem.  I regularly need to incorporate both landscape and portrait pages.  Each page needs to have the same header at the top of the page (when viewed as portrait).  In 2007, I would just create a single portrait-oriented background.  When I needed a new landscape page, I would use CONTROL to rotate the new page, which also rotated the header.  However, the CONTROL-rotate functionality appears to have been removed from Visio.

Thus, my first attempt to address this was to create separate backgrounds (one for portrait pages and one for landscape pages).  However, now when I print to a pdf (using windows print to pdf), the portrait drawings are displayed as portrait and the landscape drawings are displayed as landscape.  This won't work when electronically uploading to the patent office (their system will convert a landscape page to portrait, which may alter the drawing). 

Any suggestions on how to create a Visio drawing with both landscape and portrait pages such that they all print to pdf as portrait?  (current solution is to use Acrobat to individually rotate each page, as needed).

Thanks in advance for your help!

-A

wapperdude

The functionality isn't quite the same, but, a page may be rotated.  Unfortunately, the contents do not.

To rotate page, go to the Design Tab.  On the ribbon there'll be an "Orientation" feature in thee Page Setup section.  This allows a page to be changed to either Portrait or Landscape.  No idea how this works with PDF.  I suspect not the same as V2007 since the contents aren't rotating with the page.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Paul Herber

It really is a shame this page rotate feature was removed, I'm working on an application right now that would really work well with page rotate.
Sigh.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/