Control Pt along a Path

Started by wapperdude, January 30, 2019, 09:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wapperdude

Yes, this is similar to Visio Guy's solution, found here: http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=8618.0 .  In fact, it borrows the SETATREFEXPR construct from that article.  It departs from the article to address situations where a simple math construct doesn't exist.  So, rather than using math, it uses the pointalongapath capability.  Sorry, that excludes older Visio versions.  Visio Guy's solution is more universal from that standpoint. 

The attached drawing has the solution. 
Visio 2019 Pro

vojo

oh no.....are you suggesting that MS could (with yet a few more cells) translate control points to 3D
dude....don't harsh my buzz  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Nice work!!!!

wapperdude

;D

Could???   Well, they could...but that's much different than would?   Edit: corrected sentence.

So, no, I wasn't really suggesting anything.  It just seemed this was a needed implementation...It was a spin-off of your "arc" problem awhile back. 

..and thanks.   :)
Visio 2019 Pro

vojo

apologies

It was a back handed slap at MS.   They went through all this 3D stuff
(2X shape sheet size - themes, gradients, 3D, shadow, etc - lots more rows, special "bolt on" GUI)
But don't translate control points or connection points.  So just highlighting that
the efforts of a couple people achieved what MS could not / would not achieve.

wapperdude

LOL...

No apology needed.  I understood your intent, and was concurring.  Plus, I was just noting the motivation for my effort wasn't so "noble".   ;)  I think my comments were too cryptic and misleading now that I re-read them.

Keep the observations and the MS comments coming!

Visio 2019 Pro