Custom stencil for create rack diagram

Started by Surrogate, October 30, 2018, 11:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surrogate

Let me introduce my own stencil for create rack diagram.
You can download this stencil in TechNet Gallery there !
Page where described this stencil opportunities.
Video which describe this stencil opportunities.

Hope my stencil and this video can helps!

wapperdude

Nice.  The video tutorial was helpful to show all of the features.  Nicely developed rack shape. 

As a non-metric sort of person, it would be nice to switch dimensional units.  A low priority.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Surrogate

Thank you, Wayne !
I forgot that not all peoples in the World use metric units.  :-[

I must replace rack width from 600 mm;800 mm; 900 mm to 23.6 in; 31.5 in; 35.4 in
and base/roof heght from 50 mm; 70 mm; 80 mm; 100 mm to 1.96 in; 2.75 in; 3.15 in; 3.93 in
Or in non-metric countries used other values ?

wapperdude

A rack's mounting fixture consists of two parallel metal strips (also referred to as "posts" or "panel mounts") standing vertically. The posts are each 0.625 inches (15.88 mm) wide, and are separated by a gap of 17.75 inches (450.85 mm), giving an overall rack width of 19 inches (482.60 mm).

As far as enclosures go, not aware of any standard.  I've seen as little as 20.5", out to 23.6", and beyond.  It's both company dependent and application dependent.

(The other weird aspect of this is the screw hole spacing.  There is the standard space within the 1U height.  But, the spacing between rack units is different...well, at least in the audio world.  So, if you populate a rack, and you want a gap, and you want all 4 screws, you have to shift 1 full rack unit.  A real pain.)

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Surrogate

Quote from: wapperdude on October 31, 2018, 02:48:57 PM
A rack's mounting fixture consists of two parallel metal strips (also referred to as "posts" or "panel mounts") standing vertically. The posts are each 0.625 inches (15.88 mm) wide, and are separated by a gap of 17.75 inches (450.85 mm), giving an overall rack width of 19 inches (482.60 mm).
I try find picture with all dimensions, but I can't do it all last evening !
In the next edition I want to add on the right side the vertical rail with the applied squares. Something like this

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

shayneneal

Quote from: Surrogate on October 30, 2018, 11:03:05 AM
Let me introduce my own stencil for create rack diagram.
You can download this stencil in TechNet Gallery
Page where described this stencil opportunities.
Video which describe this stencil opportunities.

Hope my stencil and this video can helps!

Just finished going through the video last night and really love this stencil... going to use it everytime I care about the information more than the looks... but I would love to see a future version allow for a 25U half-rack as well... in case you are bored.

skeltonmfc

Hi, im sure its me as im new to visio,!. When i import the rack from the shapes window, i resize to 600mm wide and 27u but the actual imported rack is 1200mm under size and postion window ?any advice would be appreciated

Surrogate

Quote from: skeltonmfc on March 04, 2021, 09:09:39 PMHi, im sure its me as im new to visio,!. When i import the rack from the shapes window, i resize to 600mm wide and 27u but the actual imported rack is 1200mm under size and postion window ?any advice would be appreciated
Did you see my video about this stencil?