Text manipulation in Visio

Started by Jennifer, October 25, 2018, 03:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

Is there a way in Visio to create text like in the attachment? I am specifically referring to the second line where the text takes on the colors of the rainbow.
Using Visio 2019, part of Office 365 on Windows 10

RudySchneider

I know other graphics applications allow you to convert text to graphics, which you can then manipulate colors.  But I'm not certain it's possible to apply a gradient color scheme to Visio text directly.

On the other hand, if you have Microsoft Word, you can apply a gradient text fill to Word Art text, then copy and paste from the Word Document into the Visio document.

There are no problems, only opportunities

Jennifer

Quote from: RudySchneider on October 25, 2018, 06:12:25 PM
I know other graphics applications allow you to convert text to graphics, which you can then manipulate colors.  But I'm not certain it's possible to apply a gradient color scheme to Visio text directly.

On the other hand, if you have Microsoft Word, you can apply a gradient text fill to Word Art text, then copy and paste from the Word Document into the Visio document.
I believe the more powerful gradient feature is in Word 2013. I am still on Word 2007. This is the best I could do in 2007.
Using Visio 2019, part of Office 365 on Windows 10

wapperdude

Quote from: Jennifer on October 25, 2018, 06:32:20 PM
I believe the more powerful gradient feature is in Word 2013. I am still on Word 2007. This is the best I could do in 2007.

Actually, it's available as early as Word 2010...which doesn't help you.  JuneTheSecond's development is quite powerful, check out his link.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro