Autorouting and combined mitred/orthonagal connectors

Started by PeteG, September 28, 2018, 11:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteG

Sorry if either of these have been raised before, but they're driving me nuts!

1. Can you turn off Visio's insistence on re-routing the whole connection when you just move the endpoint from one place to another, even one close by?
2. When 2 connections come together on one point, say a terminal, it would be nice to draw this as the two connections coming in as mitered at the connector but orthogonal elsewhere. I don't see any way to do this though?

Thanks

PeteG

Ok I just (by experiment) answered point 2. for myself, so for anyone else looking for that answer, you can grab and make mitered any part of a line by highlighting that line, then holding down the CTRL key and then grabbing and moving a corner or midpoint etc.

wapperdude

Regarding question 1:  a couple of solutions.
1) Use the line tool to draw your connections.  Lines never re-route.  But, gluing 2nd end is tempermental

2) On a per connector basis (don't believe there's a global setting), select one, or more connectors, right click one, go to format>behavior>connector, and change Reroute to never

Note, you can save one of these never connectors on a stencil, and then drag and drop when desired.  Initial placement is a pain.

Visio does not have a sophisticated connector auto-routing methodology.

Well, not for V2007 and earlier.
Visio 2019 Pro