Can I know if my shape is on top of another shape

Started by mlussier, September 19, 2018, 06:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlussier

Hello,

I'm trying to create a stencil that looks like a cartesian plan. There are squares inside of the stencil with coordonates (eg.: A-1, A-2) and in those squares there are 36 smaller squares. So my stencils is 5 x 5 and each of them are separated in 6 x 6.

What I'm trying to do is; if I drop a shape on top of my stencil on square 12 of coordonates B-4. Is there a way I can link the shapesheet datas to write those informations on the dropped shape (I will make a text field in the shape). So my shape will have B-4/12 tag on it.

My coordonates (A-1, A-2, ..., and the 36 smaller squares inside) are stored in the shape sheet so I can link it easily, but how can I know that my shape is dropped on that coordonates/cells ?

Thanks

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

mlussier

That looks like what I want to do. I will try to make this works for my project.

Thank you very much kind sir

mlussier

It does kinda work. The fact that my grid is a group, it doesnt give me the sub-shapes (it only gives me the group shape) of the grid and that is what I want to know.
I can't ungroup the grid because I need to let the user show/hide the grid and thus being controlled by a shape sheet property.

There is my code if it can helps.

short spatialRelation = (short)Visio.VisSpatialRelationCodes.visSpatialOverlap;
            if (IsCanvasPresentOnPage(VisioHelper.GetActivePage()))
            {
                Visio.Selection selection = equipment.SpatialNeighbors[spatialRelation, 0, 0];
                if (selection.Count > 1)
                {
                    string x = null, y = null;
                    int cellNumber = 0;
                    foreach (Visio.Shape s in selection)
                    {
                        if (s.HitTest(equipment.CellsU["PinX"].Result[""], equipment.CellsU["PinY"].Result[""], 0) == 2)
                        {
                            //MessageBox.Show(s.Name + " Inside");
                            if (s.Name.Contains("MediumCanvas"))
                            {
                                x = s.CellsU["Prop.xIndex"].ResultStr[""];
                                y = s.CellsU["Prop.yIndex"].ResultStr[""];
                            }
                            if (s.Name.Contains("SmallCanvas"))
                            {
                                cellNumber = s.CellsU["Prop.cellNumber"].ResultInt["", 0];
                            }
                        }
                    }
                    equipment.CellsU["Prop.controllerLocation"].Formula = "\"" + y + x + "/" + cellNumber + "\"";
                }
            }

equipment is the shape I need to know where it is positionned on the grid.