Shape Data (Calculator)

Started by coryryder, August 28, 2018, 09:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metuemre

Attached is my approach to the problem. Just drop equipments from the document stencil to the page, enter their loss values in shape data, connect them via Coax shape in the document stencil, calculations will be handled automatically.

Please note that connections has to be made to the connection points, not to the shape or to the geometry or anywhere else.

coryryder

Quote from: metuemre on September 17, 2018, 10:58:47 AM
Attached is my approach to the problem...

This is it !!!!! SOLVED!!! THANKS!
Cory

wapperdude

@metuemre:  is your solution compatible with older Visio versions?  If so, like to see vex version.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

metuemre

Yacine

@metuemre, Chapeau! :)
Yacine

coryryder

Quote from: metuemre on September 17, 2018, 10:58:47 AM
Attached is my approach to the problem...

metuemre,

So we have 4 other devices that we use see attached.
Could you do me one last favor and add these devices?

I tried to manually enter in everything to my other splitters but failed.
I understand the logic behind whats being done, but can't produce exactly the same result as yours.
I have a million connection points on my splitters and even if I were to delete them all and only make the necessary connectors would they be at the group level or shape level?

I tried ungrouping your splitter and regrouping and it destroys everything

Also I changed the text to show as ##/## verses Low: ##
                                                                         High: ##

added the option to double click on the Amp to change settings
also updated the EQ as it loses -6 on low end and -1 on high end I think you may have had it set to losing 5 on both or something

One thing to note the 3 way splitters I added one is named 3U, just means unbalanced so it loses -4 on one output and -7 on others

Thank you so much!!!!
Cory

metuemre

@Yacine, thanks  :D

@coryryder, I added those devices as well and put all the shapes and VBA code into a stencil so that you can access and distribute it easily. I'm not sure about the correctness of the calculations, you can modify them if you need. You're welcome, buddy  ;)

coryryder

Cory