Select all text boxes / set all text box boarders to 'clear'?

Started by sea-dubs, June 21, 2018, 10:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sea-dubs

Friendly Visio gurus,

I've got a routine part of my job that includes converting CAD diagrams into Visio. Sadly, the CAD group uses multiple colors (yellow for valves, purple for comments), and I use a complete different color scheme (green for open, red for closed, etc). I typically start by converting everything to black, then making my edits from there...but when I do so, it changes not only the objects themselves, but also the text box boarders for any text associated with the shape. This leaves me with hundreds of text boxes to hunt down and individually 'clear' out the borders of, which ends up taking hours.

I spent several hours today messing around with different ways to "select all of a given object," but none of the tricks ended up working for just the text boxes. That is, I can select "all yellow arrows," but I can't select "all the text boxes for yellow arrows," which is what I want to do.

Does anyone out there have any sage wisdom for me? The old timers at my job claim this didn't used to be an issue in Visio 2007 and earlier.

Chris

Yacine

I'm pretty sure my shapes manipulation tool would do a great job in recognizing shapes with specific properties and converting them.
You could even chain the conversions as to make batch conversions.

Have a look at it here:
http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=6914.15
Yacine

sea-dubs

Thanks Yacine, I'll see what I can do with it today, and give feedback. Thanks for the snappy reply!