Three Color Bands Overlay

Started by K1W1, December 19, 2019, 06:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K1W1

This is my first post here.  I have a Visio 2013 diagram I have created showing the seating layout of an orchestra in a semi circle.
I wish to overlay this with three different colored bands in an arc formation and although I used the arc shape to draw the original layout, I need to create an arc shape that consists of a top and bottom arc line with horizontal line ends.  I then wish to color fill it.  I will then duplicate twice more in a kind of rainbow and overlay the original layout.
Can some-one please point me in the right direction to be able to achieve this?

wapperdude

As you used the arc shape, I would proceed as follows...
1) draw your top and bottom arcs as needed
2) use line tool to connect the end points on each side.  Make sure that snapping is properly set, as you want these points to be identical.
3) then, with all of these shapes selected, under Developer, operations, apply "join".
4) your shape ought to be refillable, if not, go into shapesheet, Geometry section, in the banner region, set the "nofill" to false.

Note... alternatively, this avoids drawing the end lines and the join step...
1) draw rectangle that fully covers the desired area for your arc coverage
2) draw one of your arcs. Best to have the arc lines to extend beyond the rectangle.
3) select rectangle and then arc, and then do operation > fragment.  Delete undesired rectangle shape piece.
4) repeat steps 2 & 3...it may be possible to draw both arcs in step 2, and then just 1 fragment step.

Visio 2019 Pro

K1W1

Thanks wapperdude.
I tried your first four suggestions and it worked a treat.
Not easy to re-size as I found out after creating, duplicating and filling.  Hard to get the size right for bands to fit inside each other and be a similar width.
With some fiddling around I was able to get a workable outcome.
Cheers...