Custom fill patterns not showing

Started by RobJ, June 15, 2018, 10:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobJ

I have generated a custom fill pattern in a stencil, composed of a bitmap cut out of MS Paint. The pattern appears as an option in the Pattern Fill when I open the stencil then create a shape, but when chosen doesn't appear in the shape. If I go to the stencil and open the Drawing Explorer/Fill Patterns/(pattern name)/Edit Pattern Shape the pattern is present as expected. I am using Visio 2016 on a Win 10 machine. The pattern isn't visible on the shape at any magnification. How do I get the pattern to fill my shape?

Surrogate

RobJ

Surrogate

RobJ

There are a few places in Visio where things don't quite work, for example if changing the wall thicknesses on a standard room you lose the ability to turn the dimensions on and off by clicking on the room, you have to do it for all the rooms on the whole sheet by changing the master (awkward). Earlier versions than the one I am using (2016) also had problems if trying to add walls to existing rooms (to divide in two, for example), I haven't tried that in the current version as the 2007, 2010 and 2013 all had the same rather frustrating issue so I now just avoid trying. And trying to get the end of a call-out to stay where you are trying to put it with the mouse pointer is just designed to make you want to throw the computer out of the nearest window...