Can I bring background objects in front of foreground objects

Started by Jennifer, June 06, 2018, 07:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

I am designing a custom jigsaw puzzle. It will contain a collection of photos of the grandkids on a background of a heart. I am experimenting with several different designs for the heart. I'd like to put the photos in a background page and then put the different hearts in different foreground pages. But I can't figure out how to bring the background objects to the front. Is there a way?
Using Visio 2019, part of Office 365 on Windows 10

wapperdude

Assuming the kid pix are on a background page, then, for each "heart" background page, you can make the kids pix a background page.  As long as the heart shape is only outline with no fill, you can see the kids.  But, they won't be editable.

Eventually, you'll need them on same page in order to edit into jigsaw pieces.  Then you might assign the pix to a layer and the hearts to different layers and control layer visibility.  The kids would be pushed to bottom of the viewing order stack.  Turning layers on off let's you see effect of different hearts.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

vojo

alternatively...no background

in each picture shape sheet

actions. = setf(getref(action.checked),if (actions.checked,0,1))
eventdblclk = if(actions.checked, docmd(xxxx), docmd(yyyy)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vba/visio-vba/articles/docmd-docmd-commands

usage
- all pictures on foreground page
- each picture has the command above  (can do it with actions as well)
- bring picture x to front...use actions
- add / move heart
- not interested any more, use actions to move to back
- repeat as needed.

vojo

if no shape sheet, menu has options to bring to front or send to back

Jennifer

After some fiddling around, I've decided to go with Wapper's suggestion of using layers. I have the photos in one layer and the various hearts each in their own layer. Now all I have to do is turn the heart layers on and off one at a time.

Thanks for the help.

-jm
Using Visio 2019, part of Office 365 on Windows 10