Set arrow connector as defaut

Started by rodsoares101, March 31, 2009, 06:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodsoares101

Before I remove an add-on for BPMN modeling, my visio had an arrow end connector as defaut, but now it's gone and everytime I draw a flowchart I have to select the connector and modify then to the arrow end one. How do I make this type of connector my defaut again?

JuneTheSecond

Hi,

Arrow of connector is defined by line style
that is a property of Document.
You may need to set arrow when opened a Document
by addon or macro, or you need to make a template
where the arrow is defined.

Sub SetArrowConnector()
    Dim vsoStyles As Visio.Styles
    Dim vsoStyle1 As Visio.Style
    Set vsoStyles = ActiveDocument.Styles
    Set vsoStyle1 = vsoStyles.ItemFromID(6)
    Debug.Print vsoStyle1.NameU
    vsoStyle1.CellsSRC(visSectionObject, visRowLine, visLineEndArrow).FormulaU = 13
End Sub
Best Regards,

Junichi Yoda
http://june.minibird.jp/

rodsoares101

June, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but this code doesn't seen to be working. I created an macro with your code and an event master added that runs the macro, but the connector remains arrowless. Any tips?

JuneTheSecond

Sure.

The macro is made by macro recoder.
You would run recorder and change the style of connector.
Best Regards,

Junichi Yoda
http://june.minibird.jp/

rodsoares101

Thanks for the tip June, but what I really need is to set the connector with end arrow as defaut not really change it with a macro... the weird thing that it was set like that and know I can't get it back. I'll keep looking.

wapperdude

One place to check is the Document Stencil [File > Shapes > (scroll to the bottom) Document Stencil].  Double click the Dynamic connector to open it in an edit window.  Verify that it has the correct line end.  If not, change it to what you want.  Close the window and yes to update.  Hopefully, that solves the problem.
Visio 2019 Pro

rodsoares101

Thanks Wapperdude that was exactly my problem.