Excel Data Refreshing for Visio Viewer

Started by mjrobinson1987, May 29, 2018, 11:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjrobinson1987

Hi,

This is my first post on the community so apologies in advance if I don't get the protocol 100% right.
I started using Visio about 4 months ago and find it a really useful tool, particularly the ability to link shapes to external data. It is a great feature and is also the topic of my question.
I use Visio to create diagrams which I update using data from excel which is extracted from other software. Users of these diagrams which have access to Visio (installed on their computer) have no problem refreshing the data and seeing changes occur.
Unfortunately, not everyone in my organisation has access to Visio and some users have to view files via the viewer in internet explorer. I have set Visio to automatically refresh the data imported into the file every minute but it doesn't look like the viewer supports this refresh. Would anybody be able to let me know if this is the case or have any ideas how to get round this problem for users which don't have Visio installed on their computer.

Thank you,

Matt

wapperdude

I rarely use the Viewer...other than to try it out, long time ago, because of curiosity.  The Viewer doesn't open the file in a traditional way, but, rather views it via INternet Explorer.  My guess, this results in a static viewing.  Don't know enough to be of help, but, my guess, the Viewer would need to close and re-launch to get the updates....So says he who "knows nothing!"

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro