Electrical Connectors with Automatic Connection Points Macro

Started by The Walrus, May 18, 2018, 01:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Walrus

I've been working on this for a while and it was my first foray into Object Oriented programming, so it may be a bit clunky and possibly could be optimized, but it works well for my purposes.  These stencils are used to place automatic connection points, on grid, based on the size and geometry of the connector shapes.  We do a lot of wiring diagrams and changing the dimensions of the connectors has been a pain in our arse, hence the development of these shapes.  I'm pretty proud of them, but I'm also perfectly willing to accept any critiques that can make them better.

They are based on US dimensions, and grid spacing of 0.0625".  They work well with Ariel 9pt font, which is what we set up in our templates.

Because of group policies, I can't run the Macro in the code attached to the stencil, but that's how I have uploaded these files.  We have to use the macro in teh template, so if it doesn't work for you, copy the Macro over to the drawing and perhaps that will fix it for you.

Special thanks to wapperdude and yacine for helping point me in the right directions!
I use Visio 2013 Pro at work and 2016 Pro at home