How to keep glue while changing width or height of shape

Started by Hellboy, May 02, 2018, 05:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellboy

Hi,
I glue the second shape to the first.
I change a height or width of the second shape. This destroys the PinX, PinY formula.
My question is how to trigger eventXFmod to keep glue between these two shapes?
Thanks in advance

Yacine

Check if manually guarding the formulas prevents the gluing from being destroyed. If it works, write a macro which will do the job on a push of a button.
Yacine

Hellboy

Visio creates a formula for PinX :
=PNTX(LOCTOPAR(PNT(Process!Connections.X2,Process!Connections.Y2),Process!EventXFMod,EventXFMod))+10.3272 mm
which is not general, to be general it has to contain width/2 instead of 10.3272, so guard doesn`t help.

Yacine

It worked just fine for me.
I put the origin of the shape (locpinx and locpiny) on the connected point, guarded the formulas of pinx and piny.
I could then modify the height and the width of the shape, without destroying the glue.
Yacine

vojo

used this loctoloc approach a lot...works fine.
Tedious but fine

vojo

and why loctoloc?   Note that each panel can be uniquely colored

Hellboy

Quote from: Yacine on May 02, 2018, 05:56:24 PM
It worked just fine for me.
I put the origin of the shape (locpinx and locpiny) on the connected point, guarded the formulas of pinx and piny.
I could then modify the height and the width of the shape, without destroying the glue.
Imagine that you have two connection points
Is there a way to get a cell formula (not value) in a shapesheet (not VBA), something like SETF(cellref,"formula")?
If it is possible, I`d read formula for PinX and insert corrected (getf(PinX,"formula")-getval(width)/2+width/2) in eventXFMod cell.

Yacine

Quote from: Hellboy on May 03, 2018, 05:03:48 AM
Is there a way to get a cell formula (not value) in a shapesheet (not VBA), something like SETF(cellref,"formula")?
It works, just make sure to add an equal sign at the beginning.
Yacine

Hellboy

I got the cyclic reference with glue formula. See attachment

wapperdude

Once the sphere of death is assembled, group it.  That ought to maintain the shape and structure.  Every piece will expand / contract proportionately with group shape.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro