From geogebra to Visio, lose of image quality

Started by bendesarts, April 13, 2018, 09:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bendesarts

Hello,

i begin to use geogebra which is a free software available here : https://www.geogebra.org/

It is very useful for me since it enables me to build easily vectorial picture of mathematical sketch.

The process i use is the following :
1) i'm made mathematical curves in geogebra. Next, i save it a .svg file.
2) Import this .svg file in a visio file (.vsd), i made some altercations of my picture. At this moment, the quality of my figure is perfect.
3) I save the work as .emf file so as to insert my picture in a word file. At this moment (when i create the .emf file), i loose some quality. The curve is no more perfectly smooth !

I attach in this mail all my files (the .ggb file for geogebra file, the .vsd file, the .emf and also a pdf file.

Do you have some ideas why when i create the .emf file, the vectorial picture loose quality. ? Have you some ideas to circumvent this problem ?

For your information, i still use visio 2010 but i find it better for me for the compatiblity with mathtype (a software which helps me to write equations on my pictures).

Thank you for your help.

metuemre

You can select your graph on the visio and copy it, then paste on word directly. No need to convert to .emf if you will not use it somewhere else.

See the results on attached word file. The top one is directly copied from vsd file, bottom one is from emf file.

bendesarts

Thank you but my documents can sometimes be published in papers. That's why i need a more portable solution with namely the possibility to furnish my .doc document and the associated pictures. Doesn't a solution exist with a .emf file ?
Nevertheless, thank you for your solution which can be interesting for the moment.

Yacine

Yacine

vojo