Changing Shapes (Shapetacular specifically)

Started by ander038, March 15, 2018, 05:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ander038

So I have a big spreadsheet with the org chart info that I need to autogenerate a chart.  It always defaults to belt (i'd prefer shapetacular) AND, a modified version of it to be specific.

Can't really figure out if it's possible to modify one or if I have to modify it by editing after the fact (can get to be problematic when the organization is approaching 1000.

2 examples are included first what I desire (created in Visio 2010) and what I've been able to create (Visio 2016)  Ignore coloring and anything other the data graphics on the 4 corners.  I just wanna mess with placement and size of the text (name and role), and generic box properties (size, lines, rounded corners?).

New Stencils are nice, but I can't seem to get one to 'apply' to the whole page much less the whole organization.

wapperdude

QuoteNew Stencils are nice, but I can't seem to get one to 'apply' to the whole page much less the whole organization.

Are you trying to apply to an existing drawing?  You need to do a shape replace.  I know Paul Herber's utilities has that capability, not sure about V2016.  Might be added feature...or not.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro