Shape sheet hidden section

Started by KKAiii, February 23, 2018, 05:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KKAiii

Is there any such thing as a "hidden section" in a shape sheet?
I think I have seen a reference to such. I have no idea where now.
If there is how is one created and later viewed?

wapperdude

Open shapesheet, right click somewhere in the sheet.  Pop-up menu allows you add / remove sections from the shapesheet.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

KKAiii

Using the add-a-section functionality gives a drop down list of what can be added.
There is nothing in that list that looks like it would add a "hidden" section.
My question concerned a file I got from elsewhere.
Is it possible that it has a "hidden" section?
Is there any such thing as a "hidden" section in a VISIO shape sheet?

Surrogate

Some sections are missing by default. For example ShapeData, User-defined cells, Actions, Hyperlinks, Controls, Connection Points, Scratch, Text transform and Layer membersheep.
In shapesheet's context menty User can select option View sections, uncheck there any existing check-boxes. This action can hide unchecked sections!

Paul Herber

There is no hidden section. There are ways of making data difficult to find for basic users, but nothing that an advanced user couldn't find. There are ways to obfuscate data as well, just make things very complicated.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Nikolay

Well, there are hidden cells. I have witnessed them myself (for example, data row binding in Props section is not visible in the SS window, but exists) But hidden sections? No.

Looks like a classic XY problem. And
"The easiest way to get to the real problem is usually asking Why five times" (c)  :)

So why do want to find the hidden section?

vojo

so where is this infamous view sections?  How does one open that window?

KKAiii

Thanks to all who replied. I have realized that, as Paul said, there are no "hidden" sections, nor [probably] any way to hide a section.
Better yet I found the attribute I thought might be on a hidden section.
Was bit harder than I expected because values don't change while moving an object.
The changes show up only after releasing the object.

Paul Herber

Quote from: vojo on February 26, 2018, 01:48:18 PM
so where is this infamous view sections?  How does one open that window?
Right-click in the shapesheet window.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/