How do you make a sub list in shape data

Started by pahmann, March 28, 2018, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pahmann

I want to be able to display additional Shape Data in a subset based on the value in master (e.g. Shape Data = Batch , want a subset list to display for Frequency)

JM

I am having a hard time getting the context of your question..  Are you asking:

You have a shape that has one or more sub-shapes as part of its master shape?  And you want the subshape to understand its parent's data value so that it can do something/display something?

For example, my attachment is a stencil master that has shape data associated with the group, and the circle will show red if that parent (group)'s data value for STATUS_INDICATOR=TRUE, and it will be white if it is FALSE.

Is that what you are trying to do?

If so, then in the child (in this example, the circle), you can create a user defined attribute and have its value dependent on the parent value:
User.ParentStatus : Sheet.5!Prop.STATUS_INDICATOR
and in the child shape, you can then just evaluate that.  e.g. for shape fill color:
FillForeground: GUARD(IF(User.ParentStatus,THEMEGUARD(RGB(200,0,0)),THEMEGUARD(RGB(230,230,230))))

The tricky part is figuring out what the parent shape is (in this example, Sheet.5).  To do that, you can use the Developer->Master Explorer when editing the shape master to find the parent shape/group's name.

Hopefully that helps.. if not, perhap elaborate/clarify?