Connector only gluing on one end...unless

Started by TheBori, January 25, 2018, 04:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBori

Visio Pro for O365:

Action: Connecting 2 standard shapes (e.g. rectangles) with a stencil shape "line" (not the connector tool on the menu bar, I have several custom stencil shapes I use as connectors).

Behavior 1: The line shape will snap and glue to the connection points on the first shape, but when I extend the other end of the line, it will snap, but not glue to the second shape.
Behavior 2: If I extend the line to reach both shapes and then move the line (not extend), both ends will snap and glue to the connection points on both shapes.

Issue:  I can't extend the ends of a line (shape) to the connection points on 2 shapes and have them glue. I have to "Snap/Glue - Extend - Snap - Move - Snap/Glue".  Extra steps that annoy and take time.  This behavior did not occur with Visio 2010 with the same stencil shapes.

Any thoughts?  I've checked and unchecked snap and glue options in View as well as Layers.  I haven't messed with any Shape Sheets yet. Could it be a property of the line shape I've created?

TheBori

Solved: I just created new custom line Stencil Masters.  I'm guessing version confusion, carrying shapes up through so many versions.
Regardless, I'm good.