Print/Save PDF pages selections

Started by gboulay, January 23, 2018, 08:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gboulay

Hi,

New here!  used Visio rarely but getting more and more into it to build my product catalog.
Something that makes me believe microsoft developers don't talk to each others is the way small details work differently.

removing a background from an image for example, works really well in PowerPoint, but sucks terribly in Visio, so when I add an image with an unwanted background, I found the workaround to paste the image firstly in powerPoint, use the remove background tool, then copy the results in Visio! ( trying to cut an image from visio to power point will NOT work !!!  needs to be a new image )

anyways.

printing looks to be different too. in both word and power point, i'm able to print custom page sequeces, for example page 1, 20,21, 140.
using PRINT --> Print all slides then the small box under it will allow to add sequences. works perfectly.
but not working the same in Visio 2017.. any idea how I can get this done ? it will greatly help :)

Thanks

Paul Herber

One thing you have to bear in mind is that Publisher was developed in-house by Microsoft but Visio was bought from Visio Corporation in 2000.
I have no idea why Visio has no print page range options, but pages in VGisio are named rather than numbered so maybe far more difficult to specify the ranges required.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/