Specifying where to drop a container

Started by wkelly24, December 14, 2017, 05:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkelly24

:-[

Can anyone enlighten me on how to specify the coordinates to place a container? The syntax from Microsoft shows: "expression . DropContainer( ObjectToDrop , TargetShapes )"  So, there are no coordinate options here. If the container object variable is set to shape, is there a way to specify the X and Y when setting the variable?  Example Set vsoContainerShape to X and Y then drop the container?

Thanks for any assistance.

Best Regards,

Will

Croc

The DropContainer causes the Container to find and cover the target shapes.
If you need to specify coordinates, use the Drop method instead of the DropContainer.

wkelly24

Thanks for the help with this. I have been able to add a container and for it to include the shapes that are selected.

I now have come across an issue of trying to set the color and transparency of the container. I'm able to set the values in the cells, but Visio won't activate the color/transparency setting until I manually go in and bump the fill property/transparency, then all the settings take affect. Anyone have any tips or sample code they can share for setting the values for the fill color and transparency values for containers?

Thanks!

W<