Logic diagrams - cross reference?

Started by nasps, November 20, 2017, 12:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nasps

Hello all.

My company has these logic diagrams regarding the automation of its machines.
Basically we have several pages with, left-side are the inputs, right-side the outputs and on the middle we have the internal logic (and, or, not functions etc). Each page we can see it as a specific function.
The custom shape for the input is always user input regarding text, and page related infomrmation (normally one input variable has a reference/output anywhere in the document).
The output shape only has an automated field regarding the current page number.

Despite on smaller logic diagrams I canb have a close hand on the "cross-reference" of the variables, the critical issue is when I have several pages in which the variables can be in several pages as inputs and easily I can lose track of the correct identification of a variable (leading to serial problems upon software programming).

I've been investigating ways in how to do this but - I hope it's just me - I think Visio might be a little limited in this level of information automation.

So, I have some questions:
#1. Can I have some sort of "list" for when I have to use a variable that's already defined, hence, copying the informations?
#2. Is it possible to have some sort of cross-reference mechanism to check infos from the shapes to quickly check errors upon variables use?
#3. can excel/word help on the "list" I've mentioned on #1?

Sorry for the rambling!

I appreciatte in advance any help.

Thank you

Yacine

Visio used to have rudimentary UML functionality in the past (V2007 or V2003). Unfortunately it has all been removed. At least in V2013 pro the package has been reduced to simple diagrams.
There are however other tools on the market. Some are free.

If you stay with Visio, you'll have to code everything by yourself.

We can work out some basic functionality these days.
Yacine