divide connected Lines

Started by turicum80, November 13, 2017, 01:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turicum80

Hi guys
I hope I am right here. We have the Visio 2013 in our company. Now my question: If you draw a line and connect a second, you can separate them again, so that you can move the two lines individually?
Thanks for your help.

Paul Herber

Yes, any lines you draw will always stay independent.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

wapperdude

To add to Paul's answer, it does depend upon how you "connect".  If you mean merely snapping, then both remain independent. 

If you glue 2nd line to first, then the 2nd line may be moved independently (breaks the gluing), but 2nd line, the glued end point will travel with 1st as long as gluing is intact. 

Then, 3rd case is to join the lines, which if I recall correctly, neither is independent, and everybody moves together.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Yacine

You guys may also consider connectors being broken by other connectors and repaired after the connection has been removed.
Haven't investigated this actually interesting option yet by myself though.
my 2$/100  ;) .
Yacine

wapperdude

@Yacine:  not sure I follow this scenario.  Example???
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

metuemre

@wapperdude If you have Visio pro, you can try this in Piping and Instrumentation Diagram Template. If you connect a pipeline to another, it is split into two parts and a junction shape is created at break point.

wapperdude

@Metuemre:  Thanks.  Just have V2007, standard.  May try exploring a little more. DId try the equivalent connector to connector gluing, but did not get a split at the jcn.  Did glue however.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro