Force Subshape Cells to NOT inherit from Master

Started by Fawn215, October 13, 2017, 12:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fawn215

So I created a master: connector and textblock grouped, with the textbox PinX and PinY referenced to the pointalongpath (0%) of the connector. When I insert the master onto the sheet, the group formulas are local, but the subshape (textbox) values are inherited. This causes the textbox to not move as desired.

If I open the subshape's shapesheet and just enter and exit the PinX, PinY, LocPinX, formulas, everything works as desired... but this means I have to do this for every subshape, and each relevant formula within that subshape... every time I insert the master! This seems tedious.

How do I force a subshape's formulas to be local upon inserting a master shape?? Can I specify which subshape formulas should become local?

vojo

dar

I have the same issue, how did you solved that? 

Visio Guy

I have seen stuff like this before, and grew to not trust the *PATH* functions. But Microsoft may have fixed some of these issues in recent versions, as I think I have been playing with this sometime in the last three months and everything worked fine.

What I was seeing before is that shapes--as designed on a page---worked fine with the fancy *PATH* functions, but once turned into masters, seemed to not update properly when dropped on the page.
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010