Hiding subshapes

Started by qholmes, October 10, 2017, 03:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qholmes

Hello,

I read the article on the normal methods for hiding subshapes etc..

I am trying to use the Width and Height option to show 3 different options of subshapes in my group. I have it set up on a menu in my main group shape and it works fine now that I have the formulas worked out.. but then I decided to add a text option in there as well so I added a couple text shapes to my group and now it does not work. I can select the subshape option from the menu but the formulas are no longer correct.. So I also lost my subshapes that were set to 0 width and height.

I assume when I added the text objects to the group it did some kind of reset of the group.. although it did not seem to change the group name. Is there any way around that?

Where are my shapes that are at 0 width and height? Can I select them somehow?

I really wish there was a display option for groups.. its crazy.

Thanks for any help.

Q

Paul Herber

Try opening the Drawing Explorer window.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

qholmes

OK, here is what I have learned in the past bit.. the sub shape height and width was referenced from the parent object so I removed that and made it absolute and added a Guard to the formula. That lets me set a master object and still add and remove different portions to it without losing the links.

I still don't know what to do if I lose the objects to 0 height and width. So I keep a master copy with no links so I don't lose the shapes.

Ahh drawing explorer.. thanks.. that will let me find them with some digging around.

Q

qholmes

As I am messing with these groups. I noticed that if you remove objects outside the current boundaries of the group it does not reset the outer boundary box of the Group. Can you fix/reset that?

Thanks

Q

Paul Herber

Developer -> Operations -> Update Alignment Box
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

qholmes